Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Dynamic Character vs. Static character

Authors Note: This is a 5 paragraph about Johnny being a dynamic character.


There are many people that are dynamic characters in the book "The
Outsiders" by S.E. Hinton such as Ponyboy, Randy, and Johnny. The majority of the
public believe that Johnny is the most dynamic character in the book the outsiders,
because he becomes form the kid of gang to a criminal to a hero.


For starters, Johnny is a dynamic character for many reasons. He is not a
static character because he changes a lot in the book the Outsiders. A static
character does not change a lot and a dynamic character does. When the book started
out Johnny was a soft character and he cared about the people in his gang, like
Dally, Sodapop, Darry, and Ponyboy. Johnny and Dally are like brothers despite the
fact that they are not related.


To further express my opinion Johnny killed Bob in chapter 4 .Johnny said “I
killed him”. Johnny killed Bob because Bob was going to kill Ponyboy by drowning
him. And Johnny wanted to protect Ponyboy because they were really good friends and
in essence the where family. Johnny also ran away from the cops because he did not
want to get put in the electric chair.


In other words Johnny became a hero. Because when the church was burning
down Johnny saved some of the kids that where in the burning church therefore,
risking his life. Parts of the roof collapsed on top of Johnny witched injured him.
Johnny spent the rest of his life in the hospital. On chapter 9 Johnny died and his
last words where “Stay gold Ponyboy” He died for the other kids that where in the
church. This all made Johnny become a dynamic character because he changed from
killing Bob to saving the kids from the church.


Closing my case, Johnny is the most dynamic character in the novel The
Outsiders. This is because Johnny went form a softy, to a killer, to a hero. I also
think that Johnny is the most dynamic character because he changes the most in the
book.

1 comment:

  1. I think that my essay deserves a 85 because I did not use high vocabulary. And I don't think that I had a good voice.

    ReplyDelete