Friday, March 9, 2012

Loser

Authors Note: This is a word choice and content piece talking about the main character in the book Loser by Jerry Spinally.
 
Donald Zinkoff always wants to go to “bring your son to work day.” He had to make a million letters, but that didn’t stop him. His little mail bag stuffed with all letter like a stuffed garbage can. My friends make fun of my big birth mark under my ear lobe and my brown hair. Kids always love when I laugh because it takes the time away from class. When all the kids made fun of me I was so scared I was scared to death. My life is a hopeless little plant that can’t protect it.
 
My friends see me show my little brother right from wrong. My life is lonely with all bullies at school. My neighbor that lives right across the street is shay and scared just the same as I. People say I’m clumsy and that my hand writing is atrocious. People see me try to make friends but they just won’t accept me. I love to go to school but I don’t know if I’m going to like all the bullies.

 

1 comment:

  1. Very good Zach. This story very clear and the figurative language really describes the character. It also describes his mood really well.

    ReplyDelete